I am thankful for so many things today, I couldn’t begin to count them. But I’m going to try, because gratitude is the foundation for joy. In other words, the more we think about what brings us joy, the more joy we feel.
I hope you will join me in gratitude today. To get our creative juices flowing, here are some suggested journal prompts for cultivating thankfulness. Dig in to the ones that speak to you. Enjoy!
- Brainstorm a list of at least 100 things in your life for which you are grateful. These can be big things (your health and your family) or little things (that funny thing your kid said today, or that green traffic light you sailed through.) It can be anything as basic as clean water and sanitation to extravagances like sparkly shoes – anything at all that makes you smile. Notice how you feel as your list gets longer. Do you have more going for you than you thought you did before you started writing? Once you have 100, can you think of 100 more?
- Write about acts of kindness you have committed. How about acts of kindness you have received?
- List the reasons why you love your significant other, and the reasons they love you.
- Write about the most beautiful things you’ve ever seen, heard, tasted, or otherwise experienced.
- What are the greatest lessons you have learned?
- Write about a time when you laughed until you cried.
- Make a list of the things that inspire and energize you.
Enjoy! Love and blessings -