How often do you take time out of your day to celebrate the simple pleasures of life?
Regardless of your answer, I'm going to tell you that it is not nearly often enough. We live in a world that relishes complaining - and sometimes that's ok — but if we only focus on the negative, eventually all we can focus on is the negative.
So, today choose to think positively. Celebrate your life!
Here are 50 ways to get you started:
- Love as deeply as you can. And show it — kiss someone special today and say the words.
- Invest in really good pillows.
- Eat dessert first.
- Do something that connects you to nature.
- Go on a weekend getaway.
- Hide out at home on a staycation.
- Pass on your knowledge on to others.
- Be a good friend.
- Create something.
- Listen to (more) music.
- Read (more) books.
- Go outside and play.
- Make a list of all the things you’re grateful for.
- Fill your house with fresh flowers.
- Learn something new.
- Do something with a friend.
- Visit your parents or grandparents.
- Give every person you see a compliment.
- Buy some really good chocolate.
- Dance it out to your favorite song.
- Do something for yourself.
- Do something for somebody else.
- Give hugs. And kisses.
- Have a party.
- Have sex.
- Have a sex party. (Oops…maybe don’t do this one.)
- Go to church.
- Surround yourself with photos of people you love.
- Find a passion project.
- Stop watching the news. Or talking about politics — unless this jazzes you up, then by all means, go for it.
- Brag on yourself a little bit.
- Go out to eat at your favorite restaurant.
- For one day, say ‘yes’ to everything.
- Take a mental health day.
- Wear something that makes you feel beautiful.
- Go on a retreat.
- Try a new hairstyle.
- Love your body exactly the way it is.
- Laugh some more.
- Go swimming.
- Take dancing lessons.
- Start a blog.
- Take your picture every day for a year.
- Plant a garden.
- Get some sunshine.
- Paint your walls a new color.
- Use the good dishes and silverware.
- Become a pen pal.
- Light a fancy candle, just because you like the smell.
And, don't forget to say thank you for all of your blessings!